How does a doorbell camera work in Hammond?
Online purchasing and daily drop-offs have become a way of life for countless residents. You appreciate the benefit of having items dropped right at your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real issue, but you are able to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to combat package theft, but they give you a lot more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’ll likely come to be a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Hammond video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You can now implement detection zones, talk to people on your porch, and receive instant alerts whenever a package is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Hammond video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many advantages it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading theft with visual and audible warnings. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of individuals on your porch and boxes on the ground. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution images any time of day: What’s the use of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? The best models will give you incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to receive automatic notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and packages.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your front door? Two-way audio allows you to find out what they want. You could even use this helpful feature to deter people loitering around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will allow you to minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access real-time and archived video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you can access them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.
Ask for a doorbell camera with your Hammond smart home
Protect your home against porch piracy and keep an eye on what’s happening in front of your door 24/7 with a Hammond doorbell camera. Vivint’s advanced models offer all the latest features, like active theft protection, wide-angle viewing, and package alerts. Call
(219) 500-8943 today to start the design of your smart home.