Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Hammond smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete control of your Hammond home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and check out suggestions to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Hammond?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check live or saved footage from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Hammond by implementing schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Hammond
Although many users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add another user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Hammond security system. Dial (219) 500-8943 to get started.